Re: LUMPY RUNNING !!!

To: fascina@sparcdii.derby.ac.uk (Nic Fasci), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LUMPY RUNNING !!!
From: rdb@hooked.net (dan borrego)
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 13:44:17 -0800
Bravo Nic!

I have a '77B and have had to resort to some "creative" ways of passing the
smog test . Even with all of the original equipment in place it still won't
meet emissions standards.

I'm not the person you're looking for, to give you tuning info on the
engine (i'm just lucky to have a cooperative MG). But I sure would like to
know what kind of solutions you come up with, so that my "B" will pass the
emissions test without any problems. The State of California is now
instituting a program in some test locations that uses an infrared beam and
a camera to detect polluters and mail tickets directly to them. As I
understand it the ticket is to have the problem corrected. If it is not
corrected, then the fines can get pretty steep and you won't be able to
register your car.

Keep up the good work. I'd like to be able to drive my MG for a long time
to come.

Dan
rdb@hooked.net