Runnout on 80 B rear end

To: MG <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Runnout on 80 B rear end
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 16:14:00 -0800 (PST)
Symptoms:
I can hear my brake drums rubbing on the dust covers when I make a hard
turn.

Drum and hub seem to rock a little if I push on it.

A gurgling type sound comes from the diff while coasting and transitioning
between accelerating and coasting

I can hear a licht whiring sound as I coast to a stop.

Vibration at 60 MPH and above in the seat of my pants ( try to leave that
one alone please :)

I have replaced the outer bearings which I do not believe were bad. I
believe that this is a case of runout on the axle which could be caused by a
bad bearing. I think that the bearings near the diff might be bad. Is there
any way to check? How hard is it to replace them if they are worn? Anyone
have any idea what else it could be if not the bearing?

Thanks in advance!
Christopher Reichle