Re: TD replica kit

To: mgs@autox.team.net, bleckstein@shell.monmouth.com
Subject: Re: TD replica kit
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrington.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 11:59:35 -0500
> On Mon, 15 Jan 1996, "Robert L. Abernathy" <rabernat@freedom.NMSU.Edu> wrote:
> >
> >There is a complete TD replica kit for sale localy for $1000.
> >I called the owner and he said it was ready to mount on a
> >VW pan. Has anyone built or owned one of these?
> >
> >What other chassis might it fit?
> >
> >How much is a replica worth anyway?
> >
> >Robert

I work with a guy who has a "British Coachworks" TD replica on a VW
pan. I have driven it about 2 mi city driving. It looks almost like a
TD. It feels like driving a VW. Sounds like a VW. The still pedels connect at
the floor. In 1982 the kit was $6-$7000. He says the "British Coach Works" kit
is superior to the "Fiber Fab" kit because it has:
A real wheel mounted on the back.
A simulated gas tank in back.
Lucas Lights instead of VW lights.
Bonnet and Boot handles say MG
It has a 9" TF style fold down windscreen instead of the 12" high Fiber Fab
Windscreen.

I hope this helps. If you want more info I can connect you up with this guy.

- -Mark   - -o&o