color names - with the times

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: color names - with the times
From: "Peter Rebbechi" <"rebbechi peter"@a1.meoc02.sno.mts.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 96 20:35:01 -0500
I believe that the color names are consistent with popular thinking at
the time of creation.
In the 70's (when I was a lad)  GM in Australia had a series of colors
like
'Nipple Pink"  "Prime Lime'
and various other names that were absolutely horrible!
In these politically correct times, any car manufacturer that
advertised a color scheme as 'Nipple Pink' would be shot on sight.
But back then, this was ok.
Likewise, there are so many shades of BRG, who can tell that yours is
incorrect, or correct!  Or 'off white'  How off white?
Go with the colors that you are most happy with.  It is your car, and
as long as it is close to something available at the time of
manufacture, no can accuse you with facts.
I even heard one story about TC's where the main paint color was grey,
with amounts of green poured in by the bucketful, (it was cheap at the
time).  It was matched by eye, and in a dark factory.  If they got
near the end of the grey, they simply put more green in to ensure
enough pqaint.  Likewise when there was no green, the color was closer
to grey.
So.......   You have to make the decision yourself.