Re: colorful subject

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: colorful subject
From: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 09:06:08 +1100

>For the record, I wish someone would paint their B black.  I had plans to do
>that with the '63 but in the 11th hour I blinked--with my early style disk
>wheels a fellow persuaded me I'd need wide-WSW tires (I had to agree but I
>just couldn't do that).

Picture a newly repainted black MGC GT with chrome all replated, chrome wire
wheels, red upholstery with red piping.  We have one here and it looks magic
- but Oh what a dust collector.

Black is always seen to be a hopeless colour in hot weather.  When you think
about it it is only in a GT that the passengers are sitting under black and
I have felt the interior head lining in the black MGC GT on a hot day and it
was scarcely warm, due to the insulation in the head lining.  In a roadster
the hood is almost always black although it is usually better sitting under
a raised soft top than being out in the blazing sun (skin cancer, sun burn
etc). The zip out rear windows in the late model hoods are a great
improvement.  In Oz open top cars are really only good for autumn (fall) and
spring or possibly nightime motoring in the summer.

In other words, if you fancy black - go for it.

Regards
Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
gmccann@pcug.org.au
06 2889055