Re: Trans on a 77 MGB

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trans on a 77 MGB
From: Bill D <billd@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 22:04:15 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 23 Jan 1996 JCrabb1045@aol.com wrote:

> I am looking for some sort of price range, as to what it would cost
> to A replace the whole thing, B rebuild the whole trans?

Find a used gearbox.  MGB gearboxes are practically indestructible, so
any one you find in a boneyard (expect to pay about $100) should be in
reasonable shape.

So, unless you're after a pedantic (numbers-matching) restoration, or you
have a beloved O/D unit you want to keep, a used trans will do you for
many miles of service.

Just my two fifty.

Bill
Who has a perfectly good came-from-who-knows-where used trans in his 'B

--
billd@doa.net billd@voicenet.com  (Bill Duetschler)

'71 MGB (daily driver)