ptr-war side lights

To: British-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net
Subject: ptr-war side lights
From: bleckstein@shell.monmouth.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 23:05:04 -0500
While collecting and inspecting the chrome on the 1934 PA I took a good look at
the side (parking) lights. Unlike T type they are octagon in shape and appear
be cast out of white metal. Thus they are pitted and are difficult to rechrome.
Are these original? They don't seem to have any "Lucas" markings like T types
on
the bottom. I think the octagon design was unique to the PA and cars of that
year. Its hard to believe that MG used white metal then rather than brass or
steel like in later years. If I have repros, I"ll just replace them with
whatever is on the market. Thanks for the help.

Mike Leckstein