Water pump and rebuilt carb refitting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Water pump and rebuilt carb refitting
From: john peloquin <peloquin@galaxy.ucr.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 14:05:41 -0800 (PST)
Dear Netters,

I am about to replace my water pump and refit rebuilt SU's to my 1970 MGB-GT.
I've done this with several autos (Toyotas, Fords, etc.) but not with my
MG. Have you any suggestions about this procedure before I put these
items back on? The process seems really straightforward to me, however,
I'm a molecular biologist, and when things seem simple in concept, I've
found they are not always simple in application. Any suggestions,
warnings etc. from the group? For example, what would one use to remove
residue from the old waterpump and carb gaskets from the block and
manifold. Do you suggest using RTV sealant on the waterpump etc?

John Peloquin