Re: Heaters

Subject: Re: Heaters
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 12:30:27 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 31 Jan 1996 pbailey@qnet.com wrote:

> Buy the neato rubber-magnetized black MG cover that stick on the fresh air
> grille.Not only does it look nice but it seals ALL the cold air out I think
>they
> are about $12 from Moss      Pat 79"B"

I have one of these, which is magnetic and sticks like crazy to the
bodywork.  Unfortunately, the cowl grill itself (AHH6102 stamped right
on it, just like the listing in the Seven catalog) is nonferrous!  That's
right, the silly thing won't stick.

You can modify the cover easily with a pair of small scissors or diagonal
cutters, to sit on the body work itself under the cowl grill.  You have
to cut notches for the grill pegs to go through

It works quite well there.  Now if I can get the $#&@ defrogger to work
on the >driver's< side rather than just the >passenger< side...  The car
is cool but not drafty at highway speeds with this cover in place.

I imagine the original part is steel but not the replacements.

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle