HELP: 1275 Head Specs

To: Fine Fast MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: HELP: 1275 Head Specs
From: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 17:44:29 -0500 (EST)
Dear series'A' experts,

Now I asked the SOL list and the Mini list for help, but nobody knows for
sure how to solve the mystery with this head I bought last year. ONE DAY I
would love to either use this head on the 1275cc Midget, sell it again if
I can't use it or just use it as a decoration.

Oh, and BTW could you please (also) respond directly to me since I had to
cancel the appointment to this list.
Thanks in advance!
                Gus
Last May I bought this head for a series 'A' engine that said:

        159
        MOWOG
        12A185
        W90
        (or 06M?)

I hope it's actually for a 1275cc engine, since that's what I have on my
Midget.

So, now I looked these specs up in David Vizard's book, it said:

12A185: Intake: 1.4",   Exhaust: 1.156", was mounted on 'S' engines
(e.g. Cooper), color: yellow.

I took a measurement and found:

        Intake: 1.175", Exhaust: 1", color: blue

What's wrong with this picture? I couldn't find any clues in the book,
but maybe he was only mentioning the biggest possible valve sizes? That
would be in a different chapter (but he repeats himself quite often
anyway).

I would be glad to see if anybody else can come up with more reliable
data for this head (12A185).

Cheers,
        Gus

Agustin de la Calle               '71 MG Midget (red)
Boston, MA              delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu