RE: Need help, non auto related.

To: "JAG-LOVERS" <jag-lovers@psy.uwa.edu.au>,
Subject: RE: Need help, non auto related.
From: "Michael Heidrick" <G_Major@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 96 05:57:27 UT

----------
From:   owner-mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu on behalf of Wes Grady
Sent:   Saturday, February 03, 1996 9:02 AM
To:     'JAG-LOVERS'; 'MG Newsgroup'
Subject:        Need help, non auto related.

First, let me apologize to those here who are going to be upset that I =
am posting a non-auto related question, but since most of the lurkers =
here are always trying to be helpful, I figured it was worth a try.

I use Netscape Navigator 1.2 which is operating through Windows 95.  I =
down loaded this software from the U. of Texas when I set up my internet =
connection.  I am using the Microsoft Exchange for e-mail.

For some unknown reason, I have no FTP, Gopher, or viewer available.  =
All Netscape says is contact the service provider, who in turn tells me =
to call Netscape.  Anyone have an idea?

What you really need to do is go and buy a copy of PLUS, the compaion for
Windows 95.  I also was using Netscape 1.2 with Windows 95 and adding in the
PLUS package was the answer to all the things you say your missing.  This is
not to say that FTP, telnet and etc. are not possible with Netscape but the
enhanced I-Net you get with the PLUS package  will make your life easier not
to mention some cool desktops to choose from.  The sad part about it is that
Netscape is the real pioneer of Internet software and giving into using
microsofts package seems to many like aiding a monopoly.  I am a computer
technician and have sampled alot of software packages and I think for someone
learning to use the I-Net and WWW you would do well to go with Windows 95
PLUS.  You also need to check with your internet provider and make sure that
their service offers everything your trying to do.   Later, Mike

                        email g_major@msn