Re: Bright lights and Hot Bulbs

To: Motorheadx@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bright lights and Hot Bulbs
From: David Councill <dcouncil@cu.comp-unltd.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 09:14:46 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 6 Feb 1996 Motorheadx@aol.com wrote:

> Ted's melted taillamp might be due to the miswiring of the turn and run bulb
> filaments.  The turn filament is brighter (hotter) and is meant for
> intermittent use.  This sometimes happens after bodywork is performed and
> lamps are hooked up incorrectly.  Check your wiring diagram for proper color
> coding to the lamps.
>
> Have fun,
>
> Jeff and your friends at Motorhead
> 2811-B Old Lee Hwy
> Fairfax, VA  22031
> (800) 527-3140

I like the theory of the high temperature plastic. That would explain why
Lucas charges so much for them. Last time I had to buy the tail light
lens (after someone backed into my car and broke the one), it cost me
$45. But then that was in 1979 and the cost has come down some since then.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net