Sill Replacement Costs (A)

To: dlittrel@northernnet.com
Subject: Sill Replacement Costs (A)
From: Bert.Otten@nni.nl
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 1996 11:01:48 +0100
** Reply Requested When Convenient **
Also, in the last issue of the Moss catalog that I've seen, there was
a part number for the Heritage shells, but no price, I assume meaning
it is not available. (Either that or "If you have to ask, you can't
afford it anyway.").Are these available in the U.S.? How much $$$?
Anybody done a reshell or known some one who has?

         Dennis
~B-)

> Dennis,

A new heritage body shell is in the UK MOSS catalogue:

MOSS part no: HZA 4245 (Roadster Chrome Bumper body '68-'74)
Price: UK pounds 2,225.-- (ex. 17.5 % VAT)
That' ll be around $ 4.500,--, I guess.

But in my opinion you should not be tempted to think that this is the
easy solution to your sill problem! The amount necessary to get your
heritage shell on the road could easily be doubled. A paint job is
required, and expect that if you are taking the donor car apart that
you'll probably need half the MOSS catalogue in new parts!

At least I found out everytime whenever I take something apart there
are always more parts needed new than expected.

I would, if the rest of the car is OK, go for a sill job. This is not
cheap, as you'll probably found out in other messages right now.
(expect 2 - 5,000 $)

Bert "always running out of time" Otten
with a now beautiful Royal Blue '67 B