Re: ODs on MGBs

To: rdonahue@holli.com
Subject: Re: ODs on MGBs
From: Westley Johnson <kooksei@mailhost.hooked.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 22:36:15 -0800
    overdrives are one of the most wonderful thing invented for
MG's(or really anything for that matter) tes you could use one for
"high speed cruising" your MG (especially since the speed limits
have been raised[:-))
    not only does it reduce engine speed(and as a little beneficial
side-affect engine noise) for a given road speed,
but i firmly belive that it will increase engine life and if used
correctly clutch life.
    unfortunatly you don't know what  you are missing since you
have only heard of them. my sugestion is to become buddies  with
someone who has one, then ask to drive it to compare (or if they
won't let you drive it they should at least take you for a ride i know
is not the same as driving but you can still look at the tach and speedo
and compare with yours) yes if you live in the bay area i will let you
test mine for comparison. i'm fortunate enough to have both my
tourer and GT with overdrive.

   good luck

            westley

        67 B tourer
        67 B-GT
        and a garage full of itialian motorcycles(some of which actually
run)