Rebuilding an MGA master cylinder and using a brake hone

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rebuilding an MGA master cylinder and using a brake hone
From: RatiganJ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 20:21:55 -0500
     I am rebuilding a 1958 MGA (that sat in a field for 15 years) and have
benefited numerous times from the excellent advice provided by helpful
mechanics on the mailing list.  Thanks...

     I am now rebuilding the brakes and today took apart the master cylinder.
 As expected, there was some rust in the lower part of the cylindrical
chambers of the master cylinder.  I know this needs to be perfectly smooth
and may require purchasing a rebuilt unit.

     My question is this...Can I use a wheel cylinder hone to clean out the
rust and see if I get a smooth surface?  It really doesn't look too terribly
bad & I think a little bit of the hone would clean it up.

     Thanks in advance...Joe Ratigan