More head scratchers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: More head scratchers
From: joseph_cianciotti@ccmail_gw.gmosf.com
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 96 19:16:15 PST
For anyone following my saga, I saw the MGB roadster today.  Here's a report
point by point.  (An abbreviation of my original message is at the end of this
one.)

1) The double decker floor pan seems like a really clean job.  There's no
evidence of rust that I can see from the inside.  And as an added bonus, the
floor doesn't seem to flex as much.

2) I'll have a mechanic look at the transmission.

3) If it needs replacing, I'll look for a rebuilt overdrive transmission.

4) I didn't look at U-joint, but if it's screwed up, it's not too expensive to
fix.

By the way, thanks to everyone who replied. And here's a few more points to
ponder.

A) Like a good little MGB shopper, I spent a lot of time looking at the sills.
There is a little bubbling under the paint there. In a car this old, I expect
some surface rust.  And the sills seem to check out otherwise.  What do you
think?

And here are some asthetic questions:

B) Is it possible to replace a folding hood with the stowaway kind?  (Call me a
masochist.)

C) Is there any way to plug the holes in the boot left by a luggage rack?
(Without it looking like a man who's nicked his face while shaving.)

D) Can a proper early-model sliding mirror replace the later-model type that is
currently affixed to the windscreen frame.  (I'll not a purist, I just think
the
early one looks better.)

That's it for now.  Thanks for your help.

Joe