Master cylinder rebuild - Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Master cylinder rebuild - Midget
From: "Thomas Wannenburg" <twannen@isnet.is.bgsm.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 12:07:25 -0500 (EST)
     I was trying to rebuild the master cylinder on my 74 Midget this weekend
but clumsily broke the link between the primary and secondary pistons.  It seems
a rather flimsy piece.  The cylinder bore looks good.  There are some scratches
on the primary piston rod but it seems to me that this should not matter as it
doesn't seal to anything.  My question is this:  Do I have any alternative other
than buying a new master cylinder.  I have not seen the link, or other internal
parts other than seals, advertised in Moss or VB, and I seem to recall that one
should not use a piston set up from a different cylinder.  Advice would be
greatly appeciated.

Tom Wannenburg
74 Midget.