Re: Lucas/Girling

To: Simon.MATTHEWS/OU=ag/OU=agrate1/OU=italy@sgpgtw.sgp.st.com
Subject: Re: Lucas/Girling
From: David Councill <dcouncil@cu.comp-unltd.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 08:10:05 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996 Simon.MATTHEWS/OU=ag/OU=agrate1/OU=italy@sgpgtw.sgp.st.com
wrote:

>      David Councill said:
>
>       but Lucas has taken over Girling.
>
>      David, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this is hardly news: when I
>      worked for Lucas 17 years ago, Girling was (and had been for a long
>      time) part of Lucas. I think it is just that they are emphasising the
>      Lucas connection now.
>
>      Regards,
>              Simon

Hey, I'm not disappointed. But for those of us that live in the remote
areas, news is slow to come to us. I am just surprised at the frequency
of encountering the Lucas name in the past decade. Ironically it seemed
to start when I found that the company vehicle that we were using on a
job in Colombia was equipped with Lucas sparkplugs. Now Lucas seems to be
almost omnipresent.

For a two decade MG driver, it seems almost shocking to me.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net