wooden dash

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: wooden dash
From: KEN@hcacad.holycross.edu
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 10:20:21 -0400 (EDT)
Hi
        I took a different approach to the wooden dash issue with, I think,
pretty good results.  I replaced the entire dash with one carved from Mahogany.
It took several weeks to plan and lay out and the wiring harness had to be
slightly modified but the wood stood up to the sun quite well.  I used a
spar polyurethane and many coats of it.  I also did the door rails, door
pulls and the shift stick area of the console.  Any thin wood add-on might
well crack but the mahogany is about 1" thick.  Just my $0.02 worth.
Ken Scott
77 MGB