Re: Midget Joke

To: Agustin de la Calle <delacall@bcmp.med.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: Midget Joke
From: Tim Moses <moses@csra.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 17:44:08 -0500
Agustin de la Calle wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> A friend of mine saw an ad in the paper in Berlin, Germany where somebody
> is looking for a Ducati and would give his MG Midget as a trade in.  The
> value of the Midget is 16400 DM or more than US$10,000!  I thought you
> might like this.
>
> Cheers,
>         Gus
> (and I'm not selling mine)

        Sssshhh.  You'll wake up Denise.

        Seems I heard a thread like this before on this list about an MGB.
If an MGB is not worth US$10,000, then certainly neither a midget (sic)
nor an 1100 would be worth the same amount.  But then again, beauty (and
value) is in the eye of the beholder.

        If I had an extra $10,000 to spare and an MGB came along just the
right color, interior, top, etc.,   I _____MIGHT____ be inclined to purchase
it.  (At the rate I am going with the "renewal" of my '79 MGB, it would
probably be cheaper to plunk out $10grand at the outset then to be
nickle-and-dimed into bankruptcy)

        But, alas, I have no cash so I shall stick to my current project.