Re: Crane Cams (Allison) Electronic Ignition -Reply

To: BALLC@osstf.on.ca, Railroad2@aol.com, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Crane Cams (Allison) Electronic Ignition -Reply
From: Ceicia@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 20:53:19 -0500
I put a Crane (Allison) EI on my mongrel MGB roadster ('71 car, '72 engine,
'73 carbs), and at the same time I replaced the distributor cap, rotor,
wires, coil (with a Crane PS-20, I believe), and put in Bosch Platinum tip
plugs.  I don't know if the points I replaced were old or adjusted poorly,
but with the new ignition stuff, the car began to make power over 4000 rpm
(not just noise), I could run the choke home much sooner (more like a minute
or so as opposed to the previous 5-10 minutes), I got a smoother idle, and
the car just seemed generally a lot happier.  Probably the most cost
effective and easiest improvement I've ever made on a car.

                                                         George