Header for 1500 Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Header for 1500 Midget
From: "David E. Brown" <spmsales@rust.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 00:08:25 +0000
Well, its finally my turn!

After buying the 77 midget last fall, and starting to work on it
this winter, I need some advice! (like how much money can you really
pour into one of these things anyway!?)

Pulled the Z-S Carb off for a rebuild because the bowl was flooding
and found out where the loud noises were coming from the one time I
had managed to start the baby.  A cracked exhaust manifold!

1.Is this unusual, and should I look for other Uh-Oh's?
2.What make of header and/or exhaust have people had good luck with?
3.Will I have to retune the carb?

Thanks in advance!

Dave