Re: Towing

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: Re: Towing
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 10:48:29 -0600 (CST)
Berrie C. Watson writes:
> When you tow with a dolly, it is tempting to tow with the rear wheels up
> on the dolly- and circumvent having to play with the transmission.  THIS
> IS NOT A GOOD IDEA.  I tried this a couple of months ago, and nearly
> killed myself, as I fishtailed out of control on a major highway.

I dunno.  I dragged my 'B from Fresno, CA to the MS Coast this way (4
solid days of driving, and a two-year-old to boot).  I used a bungee
cord to lash the bottom steering wheel spoke to the driver's seat frame.
This permits, but restrains, steering wheel movement.

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer - new exhaust valves go in today!

"I could go at any time..."