Voltage stabiliser

To: mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Voltage stabiliser
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HP-USA-om11.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 96 12:06:09 -0500
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
          Update on the voltage stabiliser thing. 72 midget.
          Llyn Allen sent me a drawing using two 5 volt regulator
          ic's from Radio Shack. Put it together and receive a
          constant 10 volt output. Works the nuts!

          However, the fuel gauge still doesn't work. I believe it to
          be in the sending unit. I'll drop the tank at the weekend
          and do some more tests.

          Thanks, Llyn.

          I did get the Lucas RB106 voltage regulator box to work.
          First sentence in the book says to check for a good earth
          from the E terminal on the box to a good clean earth. What's
          the last thing I did? And can you guess what the problem
          was?

          On the topic of Lucas black boxes: I have noticed all the
          Haynes manuals for almost all the cars I have indicate in
          the wiring diagrams that the A terminal on the box is the
          first terminal, yet, the cover to the box seems to indicate
          that the first slot goes to A1. (I don't have the box here,
          but, you get the drift.)One wiring diagram (MGZB) shows
          three brown wires coming off the A and A1 posts. No trace
          colours.

          Alan