Re: Bastardization

To: CHARLES JOINER <CJOINER@toltec.astate.edu>
Subject: Re: Bastardization
From: David Councill <dcouncil@cu.comp-unltd.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 09:40:43 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 5 Mar 1996, CHARLES JOINER wrote:

> I am constantly amazed at what I read on this net that people want to
> do to LBCs.  Mazda engines?  Oxygenated fuel? aviation gasoline?
> Superchargers?  One local grease monkey put a v6 Ford engine in one
> along with the auto transmission.  What a waste. But! To each his own.
> What I like to see is someone who likes to take the neat little cars
> and make them run as efficiently as they were designed to run and
> look as neat as they were designed to look.

Someone else who believes in originality! Except for the petrol - avgas
is a key additive if you are using the older higher compression MG
engines (9:1), especially if you live in an area where higher octane fuel
is tough to find.

Outside of playing with fuel mixtures, I have kept my car as original as
possible. I did keet the shoestrings on my BGTs gas lines for several
years though - a tribute to the DPO who used them to stretch the carb
return springs after they started to wear out.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net