Re: Re: Wire Wheels

To: <jferg@twave.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Wire Wheels
From: Westley Johnson <kooksei@mailhost.hooked.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 09:51:22 -0800
On Tue, Mar 05, 1996 23:33:31  at James R. Ferguson wrote:

>At 12:04 AM 3/6/96 GMT, you wrote:
>
>>First, what is reckoned to be the best way to
>>clean them up?
>
>Sand blast is the only wat to do it right.  Be sure to "tune" the spokes.
>Tighten or replace the dead ones.
>
>>Second, what's the best thing to paint them with
>>once they are cleaned?
>
>Choose your favorite.  Moss sells a wheel paint, but any auto parts place
>will have the equivelent at a lower cost.
>
>---------
>
>Jim Ferguson

    i just did this to my wire wheels (sand blast) and i really liked the
way they looked naked. soooo.... instead of painting them i used a clear
coat to keep them from rusting and if you dont like it you can always paint
over it. two cans will cost about $8.00 and a little time. finding a sand
blaster is a little harder but most places that do powder coating will sand
(bead) blast at a reasonable cost. make sure you "tune-up" the wheels
before painting.

        good luck
            westley