MGB wheel cylinders

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: MGB wheel cylinders
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 10:13:02 -0600 (CST)
(Thanks to everyone for your consolations regarding my cat.  Thanks also
 to those who posted exact information about the toxicity of ethylene
 glycol.)

In the spirit of the recent brake bleeding thread, I must ask why the
bleed screws on the MGB wheel cylinders are below the hydraulic line?
Shouldn't the bleed screw be the (locally) highest point, so that the
air bubbles naturally rise to it?

I didn't realize the MGB brakes were set up this way until last night,
when I set about replacing pads & shoes.  Could this explain the spongy
pedal everybody's been complaining about?

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer with frozen wheel cylinders :\

"I could go at any time..."