Re: Battery discharge

To: Bruce pyle <pyle@bright.net>
Subject: Re: Battery discharge
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 14:34:54 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 8 Mar 1996, Bruce pyle wrote:

> I think I have a small electrical drain.  Had to jump my battery to start
> after car setting for some time.  May have something on, but don't think so.
> I have the notion that a small drain might be hard to find.  Any thoughts?

Turn off your car as usual.  Then disconnect a battery terminal and put
a multimeter between the terminal on the battery and the end of the
disconnected cable.  If there is a current, something is on.

If you have an electric clock, disconnect that.  If a current remains,
look to see what is on.  Favorites are automatic trunk or glove box
lights that stay on when the door is closed.]

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910