Gold Seal Engine (?)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gold Seal Engine (?)
From: Stephen Brook <em92ssb@brunel.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 23:07:43 GMT
My 1978 MGB GT has what looks like a Gold Seal engine
(i.e. the block is gold painted...) which I am told is definitely
not the original engine.

I am trying to find out where it came from and also who
built it. If anyone can tell me from the engine number (below)
where it is likely to have come from or what type of engine
it is, I would be very grateful.

Engine Number: BHM1111E 64635

If it is any help, the chassis number is:
GHD5 456831 G

I am a little concerned that the engine no. displayed on
the registration documents is not the same as the engine
number above. The number above is, I am fairly certain, the
engine number. I read it off a plate on the RHS of the block.

Cheers,

Stephen Brook
1978 MGB GT
Brunel University