Save your $10...

To: Denise Thorpe <thorpe@kegs.saic.com>
Subject: Save your $10...
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 10:16:32 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 13 Mar 1996, Denise Thorpe wrote:

> Okay, now we're talkin' turkey.  If 50 people on this list donated $10
> each to buy one of these things, would some chemist or engineer be willing
> to try to figure out if or how it works?  Where do I send my check?

 Doubting Denise, et al,

 Maybe I can save us some money...

 This contraption has been advertised in the Trenton, NJ newspapers
 (and radio) for a while.  A retired Princeton professor challenged
 these folks to an independent test to prove the validity of the
 devices claims (Dr. Durbin specializes in combustion engineering).

 The general consensus seems to be that this is some sort of restriction
 mechanism that restricts/alters fuel flow.  AFOAF is a grad student at
 Princeton, and studied under Dr Durbin; I'll see if I can get more
 details...

  --Scott

 BTW, to the gent who 'just received' his, I read a letter (last week)
 that you posted on this companys web page stating that it is already
 installed and working wonders on your 74 MG.   What gives??

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com
   Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
   7201 Hamilton Blvd Trexlertown, PA
   (610) 481-2646