Wiring Answer and Choke Cable Question

To: bobd@dynacomm.fse.com (Bob Dallas)
Subject: Wiring Answer and Choke Cable Question
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 96 19:46 EST
>Bob, it appears that I am about a month behind you in restoration process of
>TD. I recall that you ask for help in determining what cables/wires went
>through what holes in the firewall and toeboard.  I also need this
>info--what did you find out?
>Another Bob D

Bob, I found a book, M.G. T Series Restoration Guide by Malcolm Green, that has
diagrams of the firewalls for all the T series cars. The particular hole I was
interested in, is 1 in. in diameter on the right hand side just behind the horn.
This hole should have a rubber grommet and it accommodates the speedo cable
and all the wiring on that side of the car. The diagram missed the choke cable.
Maybe someone on the list can help us on that one. My choke cable is presently
using the same 1 in. hole. Speaking of the choke cable, my choke knob on the
dash is almost impossible to pull out! The cable and carburetor parts are
correct, clean and well lubed. If I work the choke lever by hand it works as
smooth as silk. It looks to me like the choke cable pulls on the choke lever at
a bad angle. Is this just a poor design or am I missing something???????
Anyway, the book I mentioned is avaliable from Moss. Good luck with your
restoration.

Bob Donahue  " 50s FOREVER "
rdonahue@holli.com
1953 MG-TD under restoration