Where are they now...?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Where are they now...?
From: WJAD81D@prodigy.com (MR JOHN P ELWOOD)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 21:52:32 EST
I had to do it, and this morning I handed a stranger a check for his
1959 MkIII Farina Magnette.  It's a cute car that doesn't photograph
well, incase that is the only way you've seen one. The main reasons
why I bought this car: I like it, needed a car with more than two
seats, that I've been looking for one for a while now, and that it
says MG on it.  I had a hell of a time finding one though!  Recently
I read in Practical Classics that there are only 7 Mk. IIIs known to
still exist, and only 27 Mk IVs.  That may be why I had trouble
finding one!
    I know that this number CANNOT be true.  I know of two Mk. III in
NH and one Mk IV just over the border in VT!  No matter what the
actual number might be, there are still very few left.  This leads me
to wonder.... why have so few survived?  What is it about this car
that there just aren't very many left?  I hope someone really knows...
 not just an off the cuff assumption please!

  Thanks alot guys, never know what I'd do without you.

         John.... By the way... any idea what it is worth?