Re:Transmission oil

To: gmccann@pcug.org.au (Graham McCann)
Subject: Re:Transmission oil
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 13:47:18 -0700
At 09:24 AM 3/17/96 +1100, Graham wrote:
>  Jay Tilton writes
>
>>The V8 had newer and befier syncros, assumable not brass. Brass syncros get
>>eaten up by EP oil byproducts. I would be most surprised if the overdrive had
...(excess removed)
>>Back to 20W50, folks. Use what works right.
>

>This is rubbish in relation to the gearbox fitted to the V8s!!!!!!  The part
>number for the first and secong gear synchro is 22H 1167 and the third and
>fourth is 22H 1168 for both the 4 cylinder and V8 cars.  My authority is AKM
>0039 - the factory spare parts manual.
>
>Please get your facts right before making statements!!!
>

>Graham McCann  Rivett, ACT. Australia
>gmccann@pcug.org.au
>06 2889055

A little heat on the list! But I have to stick up for Jay here - I do not
believe that he was the writer of the original post. It was
"johnmowog@aol.com", the same person that posted 29 other messages to the
list Saturday morning.

I ended up deleting most of them because of the excess volume of mail as
well as the nature of most of the posts. But I did read the one on
transmission oil.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/home.html