Engin's n' Stuff

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engin's n' Stuff
From: mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com (Williams/MG Guy)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 18:52:07 -0400
(I may be loosing it, no surprise as a child of the 60s, however, I sent
this last night, and didn't see it show up on the list today, so I'ma
wunderin' if it went through? If so, my appologies, and if not - well as
Emily Latella once said "Nevermind")

Sometimes I amaze myself. It's been a productive weekend wrestling with the
lump of an engine. Ordered a clutch plate, oil seal lock washer & flywheel
lock washer - and the clutch alignment tool from Obsolete Automotive in
Point Edward Ontario. Ordered Tuesday - arrived Thursday! Great service.
They're on the web at www.sarnia.com/obsolete/ Good prices too.

I was quite amazed at how easily the rear seal popped out (old) and in
(new). I'm extremely glad I went for the clutch alignment tool. Made the
whole process incredibly easy. Literally wrestling with the tranny was not
much fun. Trying to get it to line up and balance it in my arms at the same
time must have made for a three stooges visual.

Finally, I used the borrowed engine tilter along with the hoist, and after
much fiddling about - they slid together with a satisfying *ka-chunk*. All
of the winter's efforts at cleaning, painting, preparing are starting to pay
off, and it all comes back together - it really looks great.

Next target - installation next Saturday!

Anyone got a plexiglass hood?

Post Script to Jeff @ Motorhead - I've got a complete set of Lampoons from
#1 through to about 78 or so...seen any decent Bulgemobiles?

Terry
mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com
'70 BGT
'68 roadster