Re: Fuel Conditioner: How it works etc.

To: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: Fuel Conditioner: How it works etc.
From: "William W. Moyer" <bmoyer@marauder.millersv.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 08:16:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, W. R. Gibbons wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Mike Gigante wrote:
.......> > "Teterin to Market and make Fuelstar Catalyst"
> > [...]
> > for the unit start at A$249 for a 4 cylinder engine. (approx US$189)
> > The unit comes with a 5 year warranty and is claimed to have a life of
> > 1.5 million km (approx 940,000 miles) with no maintenance or topping
> > up after fitment.
>
> Well, who knows, sometimes there are breakthroughs.  I mean, I've heard
> that men with STD's used to be treated by having a hot wire shoved up
> their urethra.  Then along came penicillin.  I suppose nonbelievers
> insisted on the good old hot wire...
>
> But I would prefer a 150,000 km model for US $18.90.

I imagine the hot wire technique was effective for slowing the rate of
transmission of the disease, as I wouldn't personally feel very amorous
for a while after that treatment.  As for the tin supplement, I can save
you even more than your $18.90.  Just throw an old crushed up soup can
into your fuel tank every 20,000 miles or so.  Or better yet, have all
your fuel lines electroplated internally with tin.  Or maybe have your
carbs cast in tin.  Or ...  well, you get the idea.

Bill Moyer