Re: another story, no LBC content - repost-

To: Tim Moses <moses@csra.net>
Subject: Re: another story, no LBC content - repost-
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 14:25:55 +0500
Tim Moses wrote:

>        OK, I'm putting you to the test.   What is your source??

For one, it can be found in _The Big Book of Urban Legends_,  published in
1994 by Paradox Press, an imprint of DC Comics.  It's a comic-strip
presentation of many such friend-of-a-friend and folklore-type stories that
Jan Harold Brunvand has been collecting and publishing in text form since
1981.  His version has it as a helicopter carrying an enormous bucket.

Many other hoary fan-favorites in there like the mouse in the coke bottle,
the death of Life cereal's Mikey from simultaneously consuming pop rocks and
Coca Cola, the sewer alligator, and the rattling bolts placed inside a car
door by a disgruntled assembly-line worker.  Lots of fun reading.

I'd swear I've also seen it buried somewhere in the Mother of All Humor
Archives.

Sorry, Wes.  It ain't true.
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu  | Virginia Tech