Missing Brake Fluid

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Missing Brake Fluid
From: Michael.Lytton@mailgate.dynmx.com
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 96 10:05:13 pst
     Hello all:

     Several weeks ago, I attempted to take my 70B out for a quick spin
     after it had sat in my garage for two months or so.  The brake pedal,
     however, failed to inspire confidence by quickly pushing all the way
     down to its stop.  After the customary bouncing of the forehead
     against the steering wheel as a gesture of supplication, I checked the
     master cylinder fluid level.  There was very little fluid left.

     After this, I checked the brake cylinder for each wheel, plus checked
     brake lines under the car.  I could find no evidence of leakage.  A
     check underneath the master cylinder both in the engine compartment
     and under the dash also revealed nothing.

     So can MGB's "use" brake fluid?  I must confess I haven't checked my
     brake fluid level in over a year (wince).

     Thanks in advance for your advice!

                                Michael Lytton