whitworth wrenches

To: BRITISHPARTS@delphi.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: whitworth wrenches
From: "W. B. Olson" <WBOLSON@cherokee.astate.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 1996 14:45:15 CST
Like a dummy, when I bought my first MG (a B) several years ago, I
went into my local MGB parts dealer (MG Bits and Spares here in
Jonesboro, Arkansas) and talked parts, specs, and sizes with him.  He
told me that ALL bolts and nuts were SAE or Metric save the
mixture adjusting nut on the SU carbs.  Since I had purchased a '75
model with the Zenith Stromberg carb, I had NO whitworth fittings on
the car.  Well ---- in a fit of gratitude for his advice, I GAVE him
all my whitworth wrenches.  (a full set of craftsman sockets, a set
of combination wrenches, and a set of open end wrenches)  Dumb me!!!

I now have had several other B's and work closely with a buddy with
several more B's, an A, and a TD.  Needless to say, it's a good thing
HE has a large assortment of whitworth tools.  I wish I had mine
back.  Where can I get some now.  New or used would be fine.  The
craftsman catalogue no longer has them and Moss shows a limited
selection.  What are my options???
Bill Olson
Arkansas State University

67 mineral blue MGBGT  (saphire)  searching for an overdrive
68 red MGB Roadster  (ruby)  (sold)
72 mallard green MGB Roadster w/overdrive  (emerald (emmy))
95 plumb mist Ford Crown Victoria w/engine and suspension package -
   my winston cup car (winny)
92 dirty Nissan Stanza (wife's car (no name)) but a great woman
   who owned and drove a new MGA (with no name) when she was in
   college several (yeh, several for sure) years ago