Re: Overdrive switch on Gear Knob

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdrive switch on Gear Knob
From: taylorts@syr.ge.com
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 96 10:57:54 EST

> A question re overdrive switches -
>
> In my search for a Roadster I've driven Mk1's Mk2's and The later post 74
>Rubber
> Bumper cars - although I've decided on a chrome bumper model it seems that
>the
> location of the overdrive switch on the gear knob is a post chrome
>innovation.
>
> I really like the switch on the gear knob and would like to know if it is
>easy
> or indeed possible to move the switch from the dash on a pre '74 car onto the
> gearstick ??   New gearstick and knob at least I assume !
>
> Kevin.

I bought a 1980 B without OD and put in a 1971 trans with OD and bought all the
shifter knob switches and cap to put the switch on the gear knob.  It worked
fine without any problems.  I don't know if an earler trans will work this way
or not.  I bought the part from VB cheap......
My only problem is that the 1971 trans leaks from some where.  Looks like it's
from the solenoid wire coming out of the side.  I've tried everything to stop
it from leaking with no success.  Any body have any ideas on where these trans
leak??   Maybe the drain plug??  any experiences?    Todd