Lending the Midget to the Brother

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lending the Midget to the Brother
From: calexis@junction.net (christine alexis)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 14:42:59 -0800
Speaking about "brothers", I had one weeks left of insurance on my 78 midget
in Nov. 94.  My brother was "supposed' to remove the battery and park it in
the family shed for it's annual hibernation.  He called me up and needed to
go to town for supplies, had a friend with him and wanted to drive the
Midget in.  I agreed, after all, he was looking after my "baby" for the
winter.  But, I bet you can guess what happened,  as this trip was on a
sunny but rather cold day.  They decided to put the top down and "cracked
the plastic windows".  Didn't fess up to until Xmas.  They were "repaired"
by a recommended local repair shop. The stitching was too tight and the
vinyl roof has now ripped away from the replaced windows.  Good ol' duc tape
now appears along the rear bottom.

I can't replace the "brother", but I will be replacing the top, hopefully
with better quality than the vinyl.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Christine Alexis
78 Midget
95 Ford 150 4 x 4
"in spirit" 61 MGA         (R.I.P. 1976)
Christine "DELTA" Alexis