Me and my MG

To: mgs@autox.team.net (Receipt Notification Requested) (Non Receipt Notification Requested)
Subject: Me and my MG
From: Phillips Kevin <Kevin.Phillips@TIDV.dti.gov.uk> (Tel DTI Assessment Unit)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 13:43:00 +0100
Having collected my MG this last weekend after looking for ages I have put in
loads of miles driving it about just for the hell of it. This, I have to admit
is not something I have done with any car I have had in the past..

The car has been a year in coming due to either lack of good cars, lack of cash
or simply more pressing things to do (easy with two babies)..it's been well
worth the wait though - I was out all weekend with the roof down wearing a
T-shirt (even though it's still pretty chilly out). With the heater on the car
is really quite warm !!

WOW, now I know what motoring is all about.

My only regret is that at 29 I've wasted 12 years of driving by not having a
Roadster earlier !

Regards.      Kevin.
                       1974 MGB Roadster
                       1962 Morris Minor    (notice the change in order !)

P.S.. Although it was supposed to be a car that was brought up to top notch
      condition over several years the bug has bitten and I have a shopping
list
      already.

      So if anyone in the UK reading this has any of the following, please mail
      me direct.

**  WANTED  **

Chrome Headlight Cowl
Chrome front Grille including MG badge
Chrome Front Bumper (preferably with over-riders with rubber bits on)

O/D Gearstick and Gear Knob (with top switch)
     (yes just the stick bits not the Box)

Drivers side window winding mechanism (are they different ?)

A piece of plain material from a black 1974 style seat - seat is a black
leather looking seat with a ladder effect backrest.
(material needed to effect a repair on existing seat 6in x 6in needed)

2 x Inertia reel seatbelts or full harness belts

Half Tonneau in black - the one that just neatly covers the hood when
                        it's down

All to fit 1974 *Chrome Bumpered* MGB Roadster

Much obliged if you can supply any or all of the above - please e-mail with
details and include your name and a return e-mail address in the message as my
e-mail system strips headers.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin.Phillips@tidv.dti.gov.uk