Re: 1100 advert

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1100 advert
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 96 10:29:22 PST
Mike Leckstein asked:

> Our cable company updated our service this weekend so that we now have 70
> channels with nothing to watch, well almost nothing. Channel 65 is something
> called "Speedvision"  What I've seen so far are British made documentaries on
> airplanes. However the commercials are something else. The first was for the
>new
> 1959 Chevrolet in beautiful black and white. The next commercial fifteen
>minutes
> later knocked me out of my chair.
>
> An add for the new MG Sedan. They never ID the car as an 1100. The ad starts
> showing an 1100 with no back wheels! The car is then driven about with five
> passengers (Queens Guards no less) explaining the virtues of front wheel
>drive
> and liquid suspension. After the car travels its route etc, the passengers
>exit.
> Remember the car is floating entirely on its front wheels. The add notes that
> the modest price for the new MG includes four wheels. This spot is priceless.
>It
> ends with a big MG logo.
>
> Denise, does your car have two or four wheels? Have you tried Two?

All three of my 1100's have four wheels plus a spare plus four extra wheels
from a car that I parted out.  I can't believe that an MG 1100 could drive
on the two front wheels without the back dragging unless the five Queens
Guards had their legs through the rusted out floor and were running along
with the car.  Send me five Queens Guards and I'll try this.

Did you tape this ad?

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com