Re: Floor rust - B

To: "W. B. Olson" <WBOLSON@cherokee.astate.edu>
Subject: Re: Floor rust - B
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 1996 07:04:51 +0500
W. B. Olson wrote:
>Sounds OK to me.  But I added a coat of spray undercoating to the
>floorpan and covered it with a layer of aluminum foil before I layed
>down the carpeting.  I dare it to rust now!!!!

That's another option I'm considering.  Lay down a good layer of
water-repellent glop!

Or punch a weep hole somewhere and always park facing downhill.  :)

Gotta wonder why that nice thick sound-deadening rubbery material that the
factory installed didn't cover the floor completely.  Leaving the raised
portions of the metal exposed was stupid.  It also creates neat channels for
water to collect in.
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu  | Virginia Tech
http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html