Bizzare Lucas stuff...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bizzare Lucas stuff...
From: SimJaysun@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 08:15:19 -0500
I've got a good one for you, but I'm no electrician, so if anyone has an idea
what caused this, please let me know.

On my 79 MGB: the fuel gage, tachometer, temperature gage, turn signals, and
wipers were not operational after a head rebuild.  I figured the work we'd
done probable wasn't related to the new challenge, and was going to search
for a lost ground, or blown fuse, but after filling up at the gas station...
Those fickle Lucas gods had visited me, and everything
worked...spontaneously, and it's all worked since.  ??!!??

Any ideas?  Was I on the right track?  It's hard to diagnose a problem when
it vanished before you get to it...

Thanks,