Re: MGB Manifold

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Manifold
From: SimJaysun@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 1996 13:43:33 -0400
Hey James,

What year is your car?  If it's a later model car, replace it with a manifold
from a 1980 car.  They made them with a reinforcement in the area where I'm
betting your crack is (can't remember the technical name - the spot where all
three exhaust leads meet).  I had the same problem with my 1979 B.  I bought
a used manifold for $50.00, ran a die on the studs, cleaned it up with an
electric wire wheel, and painted it.  It looks fabulous, and shouldn't crack
again, thanks to the reinforcement.