TD generator & water Pump update

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD generator & water Pump update
From: bobd@dynacomm.fse.com (Bob Dallas)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 06:03:12 -0500
I reported yesterday that I had a water pump leak--Today, after some advice
from you, I refilled the radiator(no leak) and started the motor(no leak). I
ran it for a good 20 minutes( no leak). I turned it off at a higher RPM than
I would have preferred and it backfired.(the leak returned and leaked for a
few minutes and quit). I think that over time this leak will go away--and
let me tell you it is no small leak.  Now, about the GENERATOR.
I have just gotten this generator out of the shop and it is reported to be
working correctly.  I tested it on the car and I was getting only 2.5 volts
on my Voltmeter tester at about 1500 RPM when I connected it to the two
terminals on the generator.  Also, The ammeter in the car doesn't register
anything.  Any advice???