Re: Electrical Problem

To: mmann@kirin.ccmail.com
Subject: Re: Electrical Problem
From: TRIFARI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 21:16:34 -0400
 Concerning your electrical problems:  It seems to me that the grounding
indeed may not be the problem.  Bad grounds would tend to cause no lights or
intermittent lights.  What seems more likely to me is that headlamp/parking
light/directional circuits were not properly reconnected at the snap
connectors at the front of the car--probably because
the people who reconnected the lights after the paint job were either color
blind or could not determine which wire was which becasue all the wires had
taken on a universal dirt color.

Before knocking your brains out looking for a bad ground, check each circuit
individually.  Turn the light switch on, put on the high beams and find the
high beam snap connector using a circuit tester.  Mark the connector.  Ditto
the low beams and teh parking lights.  Turn on the ignition, throw the
directional switch left or right and then tag those connectors.  Now match
the lines to the lights.  Remember doing this that safety comes first. Keep
all the input lines in the snap connector so you don't short a hot line to
the frame.  Before pulling connectors apart, make sure that all switches are
off--including ignition.  Give me a yell if you need more help.  John Trifari
 1955 Healey BN1/1980 MGB