Re: What was it?

To: Wes Grady <wesgrady@csbh.mhv.net>
Subject: Re: What was it?
From: Jallard@gonzo.wolfenet.com (John Allard)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 15:04:59 -0700 (PDT)
>I am about ready to hit her with:  Pat Boone, Ann Margaret and Emily.  As I
recall the re-make of State Fair featured an MGA, upon which Pat Boone
affectionately painted the name "Emily" in honor of Ann Margaret.  Then I
got to wondering if it really was an 'A.  Anyone know for sure?
The car was a Devin, an american made sports racing car, but I recall an MGA
in the movie, in the racing scenes.
BTW there was also an Allard in the movie a J2-X LeMans, probably the only
car int he picture that could have really given the Devin a run for it's money.
>Any other wonderful suggestions for clues?
Tell her it whines a lot  (I am presuming it has a non synchro first gear!!)
John Allard
>1946 Allard L-1 Touring Car
>1954 Allard Palm Beach Mk I
>1968 MGB Roadster o/d ww rough (and for sale!)
>1969 MGB GT (under reconstructive surgery)
>1980 Triumph TR 7 (future project)
>1986 Mazda RX 7 (with all these British Cars, I have to have SOMETHING I
can trust!
1983 Chevrolet Conversion Van by Trailwagons Inc.
BSA 441cc Victor
BSA 600cc Gold Star (500 with factory kit)
Email at: Jallard@gonzo.wolfe.net
          JohnALLARD@AOL.COM
Snail mail to: 1602 South 5th Ave.
               Yakima WA, 98902-5926
Voice Mail:  509/457-5901
World Wide Web Page: (and the location for the Allard World Wide Web Page)
http://www.wolfenet.com/~jallard