fuel pump / line

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel pump / line
From: Rick Huber <102221.1716@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 15 Apr 96 14:50:06 EDT
J,

I had a similar problem with my B when I first restored it.  It sounds like the
float bowls fill up with gas, the car runs for a couple of minutes, and then it
dies - can't explain the starter grinding.  My problem was the diaphragm in the
fuel pump was going out, and eventually wouldn't pump any gas at all, even
though it kept clicking.  I did all kinds of things like blowing out the fuel
lines, changing the grose jets, removing the gas tank to check for a plugged
pick up tube, but i finally took out the fuel pump and ran it on a bench with a
battery, and it wouldn't pull any suction or put out any pressure.  Took it
apart and sure enough, the diaphragm was bad.  Hope that's your problem.

Rick Huber
68 B Daily Driver