72 Midget -- Heater Valve

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 72 Midget -- Heater Valve
From: Chuck_Ciaffone_at_WG-RAL@smtp.wg.com
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 96 12:08:15 EST
     Hi Y'all,

     Now that Winter is FINALLY over here in the sunny-ish South, I
     have removed the heater from the 72 Midget so I can repair the
     corroded bulkhead beneath.  I notice, while close down in
     there, that there is some coolant  leakage around the stem of
     the heater waterline valve.

     Are these repairable?  Is it possible to remove and
     dissassemble the valve and replace some sort of packing or
     faucet-washer?  Or, does one simply replace the entire valve?

     thanks,

     chuck ciaffone